Galley Duty Guide
- Please read the information on the Child and Vulnerable Adult Policy and Health and Safety on the club website.
• Arrive at least half an hour before first gun & inform the OOD of your arrival.
• Check that the OOD has turned on the mains water and electricity.
• Use two kettles for making hot drinks.
• OOD will have brought fresh milk other supplies in locked cupboard.
• The Treasurer will provide a cash float which will be in a small locked black cash box in the galley store cupboard. The key will be in the OOD’s key safe.
• Put cash float in till. A list of prices will be seen on the wall above till.
• Lay out confectionery, canned drinks etc. on the entrance end of counter.
• Also lay out sufficient mugs, teaspoons & sugar from the cupboard under counter.
• Be prepared to assist with race recording in start box if OOD is short handed.
• Check with other duty members and serve them with hot drinks — no charge.
• Ask OOD when race is due to end and have tea ready (8 bags in large pot)
• Cups of coffee (& soup during Frostbite) can be made individually as required.
• During frostbite check whether a drink is required at the end of the last race.
• Otherwise when the last race starts, wash all mugs etc. and leave the Galley area clean & tidy.
Please Mop floor in galley and also main room if very wet
• Switch off power and pull out kettle plugs also boiler plug
• Lock confectionery, canned drinks and provisions in cupboard.
• Money from till to be locked in cash box, key returned to OOD’s key safe and leave a note in the till of any shortages e.g. beverages/sweets/cans etc
• Bag all litter and waste and leave by the door for removal by the OOD.
• Return locked cash box to galley store cupboard for collection by the Treasurer.
• Please inform the OOD before you leave.
• The OOD will turn off mains water and electricity and lock clubhouse.
• Contact OOD or a Committee member if in difficulty.
Thank you for undertaking this important duty, which is greatly appreciated.